Welcome to the WBC-RTI.info Information Portal!
Below you will find an overview on different sections on the WBC-RTI.info portal, however we are confident that you will contribute to further development of the cooperation with and in the Western Balkan countries by submitting your news, events, documents etc. to this portal. All you have to do in order to submit your content, is to sign up for an account. If you were registered to WBC-INCO.NET portal, you are automatically registered also to WBC-RTI.info platform - that means that your log in credentials are also valid for WBC-RTI.info platform.
As a registered user, you will be able to enjoy the following features and benefits:
- Personalised information – by indicating your scientific and regional focus all related information will be automatically brought to your personal area.
- Networking possibilities – you have the access to contact data of other WBC-RTI.info users looking for cooperation and networking possibilities.
- Own news and event announcements – you have the possibility to disseminate your own news and event announcements – all by yourself. However, in order to avoid spam, your input will be edited and set online by administrator within a short time.
- Furthermore, you can enter your organisation or project in our databases and a lot more.
At a glance, the WBC-RTI.info portal offers the following sections:
- About (short presentation of the Information Platform and its objectives)
- Different Databases (This databases are based on WBC-INCO.NET Databases, thus you will find here also older entries, however lot of this information is still valid and interesting for e.g. your analysis.)
- Research Infrastructures
- Themes (Different themes will be in focus approximately on a monthly basis. At the start page you will be informed which topic is currently analysed. Those topics will than be investigated more in detail, some analyses and interviews will be conducted, related news, events, documents etc. will be linked to, and so on. If you or your organisation are currently engaged around our theme in foucus - you are warmly welcome to provide your inputs in terms of papers, event announcement, promotion of your organisation or project etc.
- Glossary (Relevant and practical definitions of important terms used in project management, related to research and innovation, funding etc.)
- Areas All WBC-RTI.info databases (news, events, calls, documents, links, organisations, projects and research infrastructures) are technically available in 3 different areas: Public area (available for all), My area (available only for you after log in), Team area (avaialble for team members after log in) and Steering Platform area (available for Steering Platform members after log in).
- Latest News supported by Danube-INCO.NET
- Danube-INCO.NET publishes daily relevant information related to RTI in Danube Region, but also information relevant for other WB countries (who are not part of the Danube region). In this sense, and in oder not to duplicate information - latest news related to Western Balkan countries and published at Danube-INCO.NET are automatically shown at the start page (left side widget).
- Featured Documents (Relevant documents which deserve your special attention.)
- Featured News (Interesting News which deserve your special attention.)
By browsing the WBC-RTI.info portal, the most relevant practical information on "how to" is shown right after you click on the selected button.
Full-text search engine:
supports phrase searching, wildcard-searching and AND/OR searching (Xapian - http://xapian.org/)
- The results that are returned are ranked according to their create date.
- Possibility to use AND, OR, NOT, XOR in your searches.
- For example, “research project” will look for occurrences of these words as an exact phrase, but you can also search for “research NEAR project” to find occurrences of the words “research” and “project” that are within 10 words of each other. You can even write “research NEAR/3 project” to change the proximity threshold to three.
- If, for example, you search for “programmer,” you can find articles that mention “programmers” or “programming”. Xapian currently supports stemming in Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Swedish.
In case you have questions related to different e-Services, or if you encounter technical difficulties to create or modify your article or your account, or in case of any other questions, comments or suggestions – please feel free to contact us any time at email@example.com.
Submissions which do not conform with the mission of the WBC-RTI.info (such as commercial information and advertisement, information related to regions not covered by the project etc.) or which are considered as inappropriate for any other reason will not be approved/will be deleted by the administrator. WBC-RTI.info preserves the right to modify submissions and to delete information which has become obsolete without further notice. In case you have questions related to this e-Service or concerning any information processed in the context of this service, or if you encounter technical difficulties to create, modify or delete your account feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.