New European Bauhaus Prizes
The New European Bauhaus is a creative and interdisciplinary initiative that connects the European Green Deal to our living spaces and experiences. The New European Bauhaus Prizes 2023 are open to applications from the EU Members States. For the first time they are also open to the Western Balkans.
The Prizes will award up to EUR 30 000 for exemplary initiatives linking sustainability, aesthetics and inclusiveness - the three complementary values of the New European Bauhaus.
How to apply?
Applicants need to submit an online application in English.
The deadline for submission is: 31 January 2023 at 19:00 CET
Applicants of all nationalities and backgrounds are welcome, as long as their concepts, projects and initiatives are implemented in the EU or in the Western Balkans, and if they fulfill the eligibility criteria described in the Guide to Applicants below.
What are the Prizes about?
The Prizes recognise and reward existing projects and young people’s concepts, which demonstrate that the sustainable solutions promoted by the European Green Deal can also be inclusive and beautiful, bringing high-quality experiences to people's everyday lives.
The Prizes will be awarded in four thematic categories (for detailed descriptions, see the Guide to Applicants):
- Reconnecting with nature
- Regaining a sense of belonging
- Prioritising the places and people that need it the most
- The need for long-term, life-cycle thinking in the industrial ecosystem.
In each of the four categories, there are three parallel competition strands
- Strand A: “New European Bauhaus Champions”, devoted to existing and completed projects with clear and positive results.
- Strand B: “New European Bauhaus Rising Stars”, dedicated to concepts submitted by young talents aged 30 or less. The concepts can be at different stages of development, from ideas with a clear plan to the prototype level.
- Strand C: “New European Bauhaus Education Champions”, devoted to initiatives focusing on education and learning. Both completed projects, as well as initiatives with a minimum level of maturity are eligible (see the Guide to Applicants for details).
There will be 15 prizes in total. The jury will select 12 winners (one winner for each category in each strand). Three winners will be selected through an open public voting (one winner per strand).
All winners will receive a monetary prize:
EUR 30,000 for winners of the New European Bauhaus Champions (Strand A) and New European Bauhaus Education Champions (Strand C),
EUR 15,000 for winners of the New European Bauhaus Rising Stars (Strand B).
All finalists will be invited to Brussels to participate in the award ceremony, and will benefit from a communication package provided by the Commission in order to support the promotion of their project.
For the guide for applicants (also in Albanian, Bosnian, Serbian, North Macedonian, Montenegrin) see the source page of the announcement:
- Horizon Europe / H2020
- European Union (EU 27)
- Western Balkans
Entry created by Elke Dall on December 9, 2022
Modified on December 9, 2022