CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR 2023-2025 JOINT PROJECTS: Multilateral Scientific and Technological Cooperation in the Danube Region
The purpose of this call is to support the mobility of researchers among the participating countries to carry out joint research projects. In this regard, funding will be made available for visits and exchanges of scientists conducting joint research.
Participating countries: REPUBLIC OF AUSTRIA / REPUBLIC OF BULGARIA / CZECH REPUBLIC REPUBLIC OF FRANCE / MONTENEGRO / REPUBLIC OF SERBIA / SLOVAK REPUBLIC
Aims of the Call
- To contribute to scientific advancement in the abovementioned countries by funding researchers’ mobility in the frame of joint research projects;
- To contribute to research capacity development in the region;
- To support the advancement of cross-border research cooperation;
- To provide an opportunity for young/female researchers (as applicable) in the abovementioned countries to cooperate in an international setting and to develop their scientific careers;
- To facilitate the joint participation in European research projects.
Areas of Cooperation
The Call is open to all scientific disciplines and thematic areas, including social sciences as well as humanities.
Duration of projects
The projects will be supported for a period of max. 2 years from July 2023 until June 2025.
• Researchers at universities, universities of applied sciences and non-university research institutions in areas of basic research (minimum requirement Dr./PhD degree)
• PhD/Doctoral students (Bachelor and Master graduates are not eligible for funding)
BULGARIA: Detailed eligibility conditions are available at the web site of BNSF: www.fni.bg.
CZECH REPUBLIC: Researchers working at research organization in accordance with Art. 1.3 point. ee) Framework for State aid for research, development, and innovation (C(2022) 7388; 1.3, ff). Eligible research organisations are listed on this website: http://www.msmt.cz/vyzkum-a-vyvoj-2/vyzkumne-organizace. Minimum requirement for project members is a Master degree or equivalent.
FRANCE: Eligibility criteria applied by the French evaluators are available on the website of Campus France under the following link: https://www.campusfrance.org/fr/danube
MONTENEGRO: Researchers from Montenegro, taking part in this Programme, should be employees of Montenegrin scientific research institution licensed in accordance with Law on Scientific-Research Activities (Official Gazette of Montenegro, no. 80, 40/11, 57/14), and/or employees of Montenegrin innovation activity entities, registered in accordance with Law on Innovation Activities (Official Gazette of Montenegro, no. 82/20) – to be proved by a confirmation issued by the relevant institution/entity.
REPUBLIC OF SERBIA:
• Researchers from Serbia who apply for the project should be persons in teaching, scientific and research positions who are employed in institutions of higher education and scientific research organisations in accordance with the Law on Science and Research ("Official Gazette of RS", No. 49/19) and participate in the implementation of the Institutional Financing Program or other programs of general interest in accordance with the Law.
• "Young researcher" within the project team, means a person who meets the following conditions: has been selected for a research or scientific title or an equivalent title in higher education; obtained the PhD degree and has obtained a maximum of 10 years of research work, before the closing date of the Call and is employed in an accredited scientific research organisation.
SLOVAK REPUBLIC: Any Slovak legal entity or Slovak natural person - an entrepreneur who holds valid certificate of competence to carry out research and development under § 26a sect. 11 or 12 of Act No.172/2005 Coll. as amended.
Application process and content
It is up to the applicants to find suitable partners in participating partner countries. Proposals must be submitted to all responsible national funding bodies of the participating partners simultaneously.
Proposals which have not been received by all participating partners will not be considered for funding.
The call process is highly competitive therefore application does not guarantee funding.
More information about the application process, available funding, evaluation criteria, reporting requirements, national contact points etc. is available at the local websites, e.g. the source of this announcement, https://oead.at/fileadmin/Dokumente/oead.at/ICM/WTZ/Call_Guideline_Danube_region_3rd_call_final.pdf
- Bilateral/Cross Border Project
- Interdisciplinary / cross-thematic
- Danube Macroregion
- Agricultural Sciences
- Engineering and Technology
- Medical and Health Sciences
- Natural Sciences
- Social Sciences
Entry created by Elke Dall on November 18, 2022
Modified on December 2, 2022