In recent years, European and international policies that aim to implement circular economy have been put in place, such as the Sustainable Development Goals, the Circular Economy Action Plan, the European Green Deal and the European Plastics Strategy. The EU Circular Economy Action Plan notes that it is impossible to achieve climate-neutrality by 2050 without transitioning to a fully circular economy.
The circular economy has been recognized as a new concept to be implemented throughout the Western Balkans region. However, as the concept is still in its formative years, many across this region only have a partial understanding of what a circular economy fully entails.
- Circular economy policy developments in the Western Balkan
- Success stories of European circular economy projects
- Insights into different business models and circular economy across various industries
- Funding opportunities and tools for innovation projects
SMEs, Universities, R&D centres, Business Associations, Public Authorities with Circular Economy solutions.
- Overview of Circular Economy and solutions
- Networking with the most innovative actors
- Partnering for future new business and R&D opportunities