(Non)Aligned Movements: Strengthening contemporary dance in the Western Balkans
(Non)Aligned Movements aims to boost the creative and collaborative potential of contemporary dance practices in the Western Balkans. It will reinforce the social impact of Balkan contemporary dance by building capacity for action and collaboration, promoting its heritage and supporting stronger connections on regional and European levels.
- Create a positive environment and favourable conditions for Balkan contemporary dance to thrive in Europe
- Develop a collective curatorial practice where co-working, co-creation and co-learning drive new organisational models and set an example for collaborative micro-politics
- Reinforce the social impact of Balkan contemporary art and culture through dance, peer-to-peer learning, preservation of endangered and unsystematised dance heritage and systematisation of knowledge
3 main pillars of the project:
- Present the past: preservation of dance heritage through research, conceptualisation and presentation (exhibitions and digitalisation) enhancing digitalisation
- Reflect the presence: critical discourse and reflection on the social, cultural and market value of contemporary dance in Balkan society.
- Create the future: an eco-responsible way to provide good working conditions for artists and connect them to another context. The project pays particular attention to the underprivileged communities within the Balkan contemporary dance scene: women, LGBTQI and body diverse artists, practices and experiences are given priority.
- International; Other
- Republic of North Macedonia
- Western Balkans
Entry created by Admin WBC-RTI.info on July 27, 2022
Modified on July 29, 2022